WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Wednesday 29 May 2013

GET HEALTHY BLOG HOP



Hosted by






The Objective: Share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way. You can share an awesome low cal low fat tasty recipe. Post simple tips to lose weight. Or a testimony on what has helped like joining Weight Watchers. Recommend a routine like P90X or Insanity. Or stretches one can do while sitting in their office chair working or writing. We’re sure people have countless great tips and ideas they would love to share.

Since my medical in June 2012, I have lost 10kg (22.04 lbs)!
My doctor told me he wanted me to loose 10kg by the time I have my yearly checkup this year and I have done just that!
I found that writing and blogging took up a lot of my time and I wasn't getting enough exercise.
I took a hard look at my lifestyle and made a few changes.

Brazil Butt Lift®I started Leondro Carvalho's Brazil Beachbody Program which:
  • REDUCES your hips and thighs, and melts away stubborn saddlebags
  • SHAPES your gluteal muscles to get you a perfectly round derriere
  • LIFTS your bum so it looks great from every angle

It sounds like the pitch to so many other exercise programs, I have tried over the years, but never stuck to. My husband always complains about the ab machine, the cross trainer and the kick boxing bag which takes up space downstairs, unused.

But, I knew I had to find something I would enjoy and not get bored with, so I first tried Playstation's Active 2, but found the moves too hard on my body.

 I started the Beachbody Program and followed the set routines religiously for the first 6 weeks. I found that it really suited me and I enjoyed the mix of exercise routines joined with dance, making it fun and enjoyable to maintain.

At first I followed the program closely, which suggested a routine program every day for about an hour with one day a week of rest. Now I suit myself which workout from the choice of seven, I wish to do. I usually spend 45 mins to an hour three times a week (over the weekend), working through the harder workouts and then try to squeeze in one to two half hour workouts into my schedule during the week.

I am feeling fitter and happier, and love how I can see the changes the program is making to my body at the end of every week.

I haven't really changed my diet too much, which never has been too bad. I still have a drink or two, or three and eat the same meals served for the family. The only thing I do differently now, is I try to not eat too much and I don't take the second helpings or eat a lot of snack foods and have increased my fruit intake. But, if I feel like a treat or a bit of chocolate I eat it and enjoy the moment without any guilt, knowing if I keep up the Beachbody program, my weight will continue to drop or at least be maintained.


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know you have lost weight however much, I do a programme taken from a book I bought where you can eat what you like,but eat onlywhen hungry, chew your food thoroughly and always leave something on your plate, Combined with walking and drinking water it works.
I enjoyed your post.
Yvonne.

Suzanne Furness said...

Not heard of this programme but it seems you have found your ideal match. I think you are right, we have to find something that works for us and our lifestyles.

Be healthy, stay happy :)

S.P. Bowers said...

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to find something that was interesting to you. Being healthy is all about finding a lifestyle that works for you.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

woo!! Congrats on your success! (I need to do a bit more exercise than I'm currently doing).

shah Wharton said...

Sounds like a great programme. Good for you on your weight loss, too!

Shah X

http://bit.ly/13Y93DV

shah Wharton said...

Sounds like a great programme. Good for you on your weight loss, too!

Shah X

http://bit.ly/13Y93DV

Annalisa Crawford said...

Glad you found something that worked for you. And congratulations on the 10kg loss - your doc will be happy, I'm sure he says that to people all the time and very few listen to him!

Stephen Tremp said...

Its all about finding something that works for you. And once you find it, that's when the results start coming.

Congrats! on the results. Its great to have that accountability with a doctor too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on so much weight loss! Woohoo and good for you! Those video game workouts are hard on the body. We have some wii ones and I much prefer a walk or swim, so I know exactly what you mean. :)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your weight loss :) I'm just trying to get back into an exercise regime, but it's really hard to stick to!
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe

Unknown said...

Yay you! I love learning about new programs-- thanks for sharing one that is working for you. I think that, bottom line, is what is important. I have the workout piece down, just really, really need to be better about my diet. I can't eat the quantities or the sugars. SIGH

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carolyn. CONGRATS on your weight loss and finding an exercise program you enjoy doing!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats Carolyn! THAT IS AWESOME!

FInding the right program that works for us is the first hurdle.

SO MANY people dive into EXTREME fitness programs and give up after only a few days or maybe a week. I'm SO I am happy you found your fitness niche!

The lucky few that only have 20 pounds to overcome will benefit greatly with moderate exercise and curbing the diet a bit.

BUT for US who are not so lucky, we need a more tailored routine. For me it's working out EVERY day. Sadly I have to and not just to keep fit, but to keep my joints happy. I have arthritis and movement is the only thing that works. Joints only become stiffer when not used.

This has been a LIFE change for me. I have to live it to keep fit. At times it's taxing, but I feel good and that is the most important thing.

THANKS for joining the HOP!

SK Anthony said...

I have several Beachbody programs too and their expectations of how much time we have to follow it to a T is ridiculous. I'm glad you found a routine that works for you, as long as keep on moving and have a life instead of working out every free minute I think it will all work out ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Your doctor will be happy. Exercise only works if you do something you enjoy.
Thanks for participating in our bloghop!

Mark Means said...

Sounds like you're doing great...keep it up! :)

Nicki Elson said...

Very smart to tailor the program to your lifestyle. Congratulations on doing just what the doctor ordered - have fun with your beach body!

Shell Flower said...

That's great that you found something that works for you. We all have to find our groove so we will stick to exercising. Congrats on the lost weight, too. Great job!

Shelly said...

Chocolate is great for the soul. Thanks for stopping by to see Sir Poops and Hair Ball. They love visitors.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Tara Tyler said...

that is great you found a fun, productive workout!! way to stick with it & get into shape!

Ruth said...

Good for you. I have gotten dance videos and I never seem to stick with them. I get my exercise when I get outside and work, but I don't do so good when I am stuck in the house.

randi lee said...

Congrats on the weight loss and for finding something that works for you! :D

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)