WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Sunday 5 February 2012

'Traffic Sources'

Interesting!  I have just spent some time looking over the Stats of my blog site and find it pleasing to know that most of my traffic comes via the 'Smashwords' site (This is good to know seeing they are my publishers). 

My readers either connect to my blog by using Smashwords.com or the 'How to Publish an Ebook with Smashwords," on their blog site, where I published a blog post to win a mug! At this point, I must state that I have been really happy that I published my novel the Indie way, using Smashwords for my publisher and would suggest to anyone thinking of publishing an Ebook to think seriously about what they offer! I for one, am very happy!

I have found that my network expands the more I connect with other Blogger's which of course is really common sense, and that Blog Hops create new contacts and open doors to lots of other Bloggers'.  Of course this is not news to any long term Blogger's out there, but to anyone new to this world of intellectual stimulation I would suggest that they have a go as I am sure with a little effort and some kind words you would be welcomed into this supportive world!

A new contact I have just recently had the pleasure of connecting with has been Alex J Cavanaugh.  Alex has over 1200 members at his site and it is still growing!  I have noticed the gowing number of 'hits' to my blog via Alex's is consistently growing.

But of course I think successful Blogging (and I know I have a long way to go), takes effort and a lot of time, but the rewards of meeting new, interesting people, expanding your knowledge base and selling larger numbers of in my case, 'my book', far outway any negatives!

Carolyn

5 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I get a lot of hits from Alex's site too, especially on Insecure Writer post days. Other than that, people seem to end up on my site by searching for some very odd things.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well that's cool people are finding you from my blog! I have several followers who really track down other bloggers from comments.
Stats are interesting. It amuses me what words lead people to my blog.

Scott Bury said...

I found your blog through Rachel Harrie's Campaign.

As for Smashwords, congratulations on going that route. Have you also published via Amazon? If so, how would you compare the experiences?

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Carolyn, I'm one of those people who followed over from Alex's blog. The blogging community is warm and friendly. It is a great source of support in a world that mostly does not understand why we are driven to write. I wish you great success in your publication dreams, Roland

I truly do hate this new 2 word verification. The marred word is hard for my tired eyes to make out. Sigh. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by, you have given me inspiration for another blog post. I will answer your question via a post soon, so keep an eye out for the answer!

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)