WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Friday 17 February 2012

Challenge Issued: Paper Canvas Tapestries Collaborat​ions

I have been the first to take up Yikici's challenge, a co-host of The Fourth Platform Building Campaign, helping Racheal Harrie. She has challenged authors involved in the campain to join together to write a story, which she will publish as an eBook to raise money for charity! (She states that she will give all participating authors full credit for their work)!

Being the first to take up the challenge, I have written the first 250 words of a story
where the second displayed artwork on Yikici's blog inspired me!
  
As the artwork is protected by copyright, I cannot display them on my post, you will need to head over to Yikici's blog to take a look! Maybe you would like to accept the challenge too!




The last thing I remember, I was sitting with my sister, competing against her in a game of Final Fantasy, when somehow quite inexplicably we had found ourselves in a hallway of a mysterious house. At first we looked at one another in astonishment, before accepting our situation. We seemed to be stuck. We had no idea how we had arrived or how we were going to get out and if we would be able to return back to our home.  Being only children, we were both feeling frightened and confused.

Cautiously, my sister stepped on the thick, red carpet which ran the length of the long, dark hall ahead of us. The hallway was lined with many closed doors and I wondered what could be lurking behind each one. Linking hands, we slowly made our way along, until we saw just ahead of us a large, winding staircase leading to a lower level of the house. We stopped and l looked across at my sister as if to ask, should we go down there? She shook her head and pointed to a door at the far end of the hall, where a sliver of bright light was escaping from beneath it.

One step at a time we continued along the hall towards the door, my sister never letting go of my hand for a moment. Just as we neared the staircase I had pointed to, we heard a loud noise from behind the door we had been heading towards.

4 comments:

Melissa Sugar said...

Love the story. I am a new follower and I am also participating in the platform challenge. Nice to meet you.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa, thanks for the positive comment and for becoming a new follower will catch up with you down the tracks, I'm sure!

yikici said...

What a great start to the story! Thank you for jumping in and taking up the challenge -you picked a great image to work with. I want to find out what happenes next... :)

Whilst we find that out...

*sneaks up from behind the pc screen* "TAAAGGGG" *runs off squeaking* ;)

You are officially 'it' here are your choices: a) Accept it graciously b) Ignore it -well, I can't stop you c) Make a sound so I know you've taken the blow and are chasing others out there and d) Pass the tag on -and nope, I'm not accepting the tag again, find someone new. :P

Should you take on the tag, here's where to source out the questions you need to answer on yikici' post Savvy Salutations' to...ermm...the Tagged Person.

Deniz Bevan said...

I'm posting part three this morning :-)

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)