WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Tuesday 1 April 2014

TEASER TUESDAY



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by

of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along!
Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS!
Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away!



You don't want to ruin the book for others! 

                                       Contains 
         Volumes 1-3 of the Snow White series by Kathryn Pine

17789688Poisoned
 
Poisonous mists settled in the lowlands 17 years ago, rendering ninety percent of the land uninhabitable and killing over half the population. Most blame their misfortune on industrialization or the fey, but some curse Snow White, the princess who was born poisoned.

As the only person who can survive entering the poisoned woods without a gas mask, Snow White has dedicated her life to studying the poison and finding a cure. This obsession draws her deeper into the woods and its secrets, where nothing is as it seems. When Snow White saves a man who should never have been saved, she uncovers an evil more destructive than the poison.

MY TEASER: 

I’m in the courtyard of the princess’ tower, I realized. If we’d followed tradition, it would have been my home, but my mother wanted to keep her poisoned daughter near and safe. My father had cared for it since my birth, and was more interested in providing a place for political prisoners than gardens. Then again, maybe that was just an excuse, and he’d always intended for me to end up here…

Pine, Katherine (2013-12-16). Snow White Volumes 1-3 Box Set (Kindle Locations 98-101).  . Kindle Edition.

The Mirror
18275600

Snow White vowed to protect the men she saved from the woods. Keeping that vow will be difficult when everyone in the kingdom wants her companions dead. To save them and herself, she will have to trust the terrifying man who shadows Rose. But nothing comes without a price, and neither Rose nor Snow White understand the true cost of the mirror's services until it's too late.

MY TEASER: 

 I’d told him I was poisoned, and he grew as still as a stag that had just realized it was being hunted. Why don’t you run? I wondered as he closed what little distance remained between us, one hand slipping through my hair to the back of my head, and the other wrapping round my wrist to bring my palm to his chest. “Poisoned,” he repeated my words as he tipped up my chin.

Pine, Katherine (2013-12-16). Snow White Volumes 1-3 Box Set (Kindle Locations 1357-1360).  . Kindle Edition.


The Huntsman
 
18275605
When Rose and Snow White are caught in the middle of a political conspiracy, they are separated for their own protection. Snow White fears for Rose's safety. Rose, however, beings to fear herself. Isolated and hunted, Rose must rely on Ambrose's advice to survive. But as her relationship with the enigmatic man deepens, she learns things about her character and desires that should have stayed hidden.


MY TEASER: 

 The chatter from the ballroom dulled. The fountain made no sound, as if it had dried up. Time seemed to slow. Even the rustling leaves fell silent. His heavy eyelids looked like they would shut at any moment, but they didn’t. He just watched me, waiting for me to do something.

Pine, Katherine (2013-12-16). Snow White Volumes 1-3 Box Set (Kindle Locations 3610-3612).  . Kindle Edition. 

8 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

This sounds like a really good series. Somehow adaptations of fairy tales are becoming really good again! Although I do wonder if the narrative doesn't switch away from Snow White too much towards the end? Thanks for sharing :) hope you have a good week!
My Teaser Tuesday
Juli @ Universe in Words

randi lee said...

I REALLY love the world-building that's already present in the description of these works. They sound simply excellent.

Anonymous said...

Wow these sound fantastic. I will have to check it out for sure. Thanks for stopping by my site. :)

http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/04/01/teaser-tuesday-april-1/

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like the author has created a unique world. I'm curious.
My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

Natalie @ Book Lovers Life said...

Love the covers. They sound awesome and the teasers were great. Thanks for sharing.

fredamans said...

Sounds like one helluva trilogy! I'm sold!

Naomi Hop said...

Awesome teasers! This series sounds awesome!

Thanx for visiting my TT
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I really like this series. The Mirror has my favourite teaser. Not so much the romance but the intense way that it is written.

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)