The rules are really simple.
- Sign up below
- Grab a button and link back to my site
- Post your Monster on Monday October 29th 2012!
What kind of Monster? Well that is up to you really. I am going to be posting Monster stats. You can do that, or post a monster you like/love/hate, or tell us about the monster in your new book coming out. Anything would be great really.
OF COURSE YOU ALL MUST HAVE SOME IDEA WHAT
MONSTER I WOULD CHOSE TO
TO DECIDE ON JUST ONE!
SOME VAMP FACTS:
- All major vampire literature works were published in the 1800's
- Vampirism does actually exist - Porphyria is a rare, metabolic disorder which stops those affected from producing Haemoglobin. Causing the affected to be sensitive to sunlight, gums recede and teeth become prominent.
- The legends date back to creatures of Hebrew mythology to the one named "Lillith," Adam's first wife. She was known to drink the blood of the first born.
- The Hungarians also named a restless corps, Nosferatu, which in 1443 meant "the undead."
- Other ancient races also had legends of similar mythical creatures - The Egyptian's - Lillith / Babalonian's - The winged Ekimu / Greeks - Lamia (a beautiful woman who drank blood) / Ther Romans - a blood thirsty demon called "Strager."
- The vampire legends also stem back to the fourteenth century to the Black Plague, where villagers blamed the undead for the cause of the plague.