WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Tuesday 22 January 2013

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by

of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along!
Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS!
Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away!



You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Cassafire

CassafireFrom the Amazon best-selling author - CassaStar was just the beginning The Vindicarn War is a distant memory and Byron 's days of piloting Cosbolt fighters are over. He has kept the promise he made to his fallen mentor and friend - to probe space on an exploration vessel. Shuttle work is dull, but it 's a free and solitary existence. The senior officer is content with his life aboard the Rennather.The detection of alien ruins sends the exploration ship to the distant planet of Tgren. If their scientists can decipher the language, they can unlock the secrets of this device. Is it a key to the Tgren 's civilization or a weapon of unimaginable power? Tensions mount as their new allies are suspicious of the Cassan 's technology and strange mental abilities. To complicate matters, the Tgrens are showing signs of mental powers themselves; the strongest of which belongs to a pilot named Athee, a woman whose skills rival Byron 's unique abilities. Forced to train her mind and further develop her flying aptitude, he finds his patience strained. Add a reluctant friendship with a young scientist, and he feels invaded on every level. All Byron wanted was his privacy.
 
TEASER:
 
He met her eyes, his expression reluctant. Athee funneled her energy into persuading Byron to dance with her tonight. He was aware of her manipulative powers and was likely to balk at her efforts. Athee had learned subtlety, though. She could mask her mental persuasions and move the wills of others without detection. In his exhausted state, Byron’s mind was no match for hers. “All right, one dance,” he declared, his eyes narrowing. “I refuse to make a fool of myself, though.” “Would I allow you to look foolish?” Athee exited the craft with an extra spring in her step. Persuading him to dance with her was a small victory. Tonight, she planned to accomplish even more.

Cavanaugh, Alex J. (2012-02-15). CassaFire (Kindle Locations 1736-1739). Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.. Kindle Edition.
 
 

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He, I know that author!
Wow, thanks Carolyn. That was an awesome surprise this morning.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Good teaser from a good book.

fredamans said...

Doesn't look like a book I would be into, but I do appreciate the writing and choice of words when being descriptive.

Shaharizan Perez said...

I have not read CassaFire. Will put this on my wishlist. :D

This is my Teaser Tuesday. I'm on page 193 of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.


I pull on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt over two T-shirts, tie my tennis shoes and stand and stretch. I toss into my backpack the clothes I plan to wear to school, along with a towel, a bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo so I can shower when I get there. I’ll now be running to school each morning. Henri ostensibly believes the additional exercise will help in my training, but the real reason is that he hopes it will help my body’s transition and pull my Legacies from their slumber, if that is indeed what they are doing.

Lore, Pittacus (2010-07-18). I Am Number Four (p. 194). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

Tamara said...

Awesome teaser. Alex's book is definitely on my TBR pile!!

Cherie Reich said...

Such a great teaser! CassaFire is on my to-read list!

Here's my TT

Tammy Theriault said...

I'm sure alex will be so proud!

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)